Search
Add Listing
  • You have no bookmark.

Your Wishlist : 0 listings

Sign In

What are the best ways to save money?

Home Forums Save Money What are the best ways to save money?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    rimjhimrimjhim
    Participant

Here are my top 20 ways to save money:

Have two bank accounts. Use one for spending and one for saving. As soon as you get paid, only keep 50% of your salary/income in the spending account. Do not keep any debit card/cheque books/atm card for the spending account.
    Share your online subscriptions and split the bills. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hotstar, HULU, share them all.
    Buy groceries in the first of the week month. Only online/offline grocery stores have additional discounts running during 1st to 7th of every month.
    Don’t order food alone. If you are ordering lunch at work, do it in a group of 3 people or more. Apps like Zomato/Swiggy offer bigger discounts on bulk orders of more than 300 Rs.
    Bring a water bottle from home. There are many public places such as malls which have free drinking water. Keep refilling throughout the day.
    Shop for summers during winters. Retail stores such as lifestyle, shoppers stop offer upto 75% sale on summer clothes during Dec-Jan-Feb. This is the best time to purchase for the coming season. You will end up saving a ton of money.
    Use automatic savings apps such as Wizely. You can save automatically while spending.
    If you are taking an Ola/Uber, try travelling before/after rush hours.
    Take ola/uber pass if you are a frequent traveller
    Take public transport as much as possible. It is cheaper, safer and faster. In fact, I park my car at one of the metro stations near me everyday to travel to work.
    If you want to buy something new, wait for 72 hours before making the purchase. If you still want to buy after that, go ahead.
    Don’t keep your spare change and coins lying around. Use them to make purchases or pay for autos/rickshaws/metro card tokens/ bus tickets.
    Cut down on your daily dose of coffee/tea/cigarettes. You can improve your health and bank balance both.
    Ask your chemist to give you a less expensive substitute of your meds. Please not, what I am mentioning is taking substitutes with all the same chemical components. You can save up a ton of your money.
    Don’t buy perishable grocery items in bulk. Buy only as much as you can consume in 1–2 days. This way you can cut down on a lot of wastage.
    Share clothes. Instead of buying clothes, you can swap clothes with your siblings/friends and wear them. Saves money for both parties. Don’t forget to get them properly washes/dry cleaned before you start wearing them.
    Be realistic. Don’t brag about money and don’t fall into the show off trap. Spend only 50% of what you earn.
    Stop physical subscriptions of newspapers/magazines. You can read them for free online.
    Get a roommate to split rent. The trick is to find someone with a different office shift. If you have day shift, find someone with night shift and vice-versa. This way, you end up saving money & also having your personal space. Great isn’t it?
    Avoid credit cards as much as possible. If you have to get one, take one on your parents name. This way, they can always keep a check on how much you are spending.
    I’ll keep expanding on this list. Drop in your suggestions in the comments 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close

Your cart

Show Buttons
Share On Facebook
Share On Twitter
Share On Linkedin
Share On Pinterest
Share On Youtube
Contact us
Hide Buttons