Jaigarh Fort is situated on the promontory called the Cheel ka Teela (Hill of Eagles) of the Aravalli range; it overlooks the Amer Fort and the Maota Lake, near Amer in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. The fort was built by Jai Singh II in 1726 to protect the Amer Fort and its palace complex and was named after him.
The fort, rugged and similar in structural design to the Amer Fort, is also known as Victory Fort. It has a length of 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) along the north–south direction and a width of 1 kilometre (0.62 mi). The fort features a cannon named “Jaivana”(Jaivana Cannon), which was manufactured in the fort precincts and was then the world’s largest cannon on wheels. Jaigarh Fort and Amer Fort are connected by subterranean passages and considered as one complex.
Jaigarh Fort is made-up of sandstones and is spread over an area of 3 km. Made with the purpose of protecting Amer Fort, Jaigarh fort is considered as the strongest monument of Jaipur. Also known by the name of ‘Victory Fort’, this place was considered as a storehouse of all the war amours, cannons, arms and ammunitions. There is a Persian style garden within the complex of the fort which is divided into 4 parts. The best part about the fort is its windows which are made of lattices. These windows allow a complete view of the exteriors, but nothing can be observed from the outside.